Diabetes Education* Program
Diabetes is a chronic disease affecting millions of Americans. It is caused by the body's inability to use sugar properly.
Diabetes is a primary risk factor for stroke, heart disease, blindness and kidney failure. Poor control may also lead to circulatory problems.
Our goal is to help you develop a lifestyle which puts you in the driver's seat and lets you control your diabetes. The good news is that through exercise, weight management and medication therapy, we can help you on your journey toward a healthy life.
Why Choose UPMC Chautauqua WCA?
From initial consultation to follow-up teaching and guidance, the UPMC Chautauqua WCA Diabetes Program helps patients develop a healthy lifestyle through exercise, weight management and medication therapy.
- We listen and we understand.
- We identify your individual needs.
- We personalize your treatment plan and coordinate with your primary care provider.
- We offer nutrition and diet therapy.
- We assist with education regarding your medication therapy.
- We teach you home glucose monitoring.
- We work with you and your caregivers per your request.
- We teach you how to prevent complications.
- We teach you how to be successful with your insulin pump.
|Everything was explained... you listened to the questions we asked... keep up the good work!" - Diabetes Patient|
Our Team of Professionals
- Your Primary Care Provider
- Nationally Certified Diabetes Educators
- Registered Dietitians
- Registered Nurses
- Certified Insulin Pump Trainers
Isn't it comforting to know that if you need help when faced with diabetes, that you will receive the quality education and helpful support to successfully live with diabetes... and live you life to the fullest!
To make an appointment with our Certified Diabetes Educators:
- You will need an order from your Primary Care Provider.
- Many insurance plans will cover Diabetes Education. Check with your insurance provider.
- Call (716) 485-7474 to schedule an appointment.
UPMC Chautauqua WCA Diabetes Education Program
Jones Memorial Health, a division of UPMC Chautauqua WCA
51 Glasgow Avenue
Jamestown, New York 14701
*The American Diabetes Association recognizes this education service as meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education.