Physical Therapists are licensed professionals that specialize in improving function and decreasing pain. Our staff consists of experienced physical therapists and support staff. We are associated with other health care professionals and provide clinical assistance to colleges and universities who offer physical therapy programs.
Physical therapists perform an initial evaluation on each patient. Treatment techniques are incorporated to increase flexibility, strength, function and to decrease pain. Patients are taught self-management methods.
Physical Therapy is for patients with the following conditions:
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Back School
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Burn/wound care
- Fall prevention
- Rehabilitation for incontinence
- Prosthetic rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Specialized exercise/rehabilitation programs
What to expect:
- A health history
- Physical evaluation
- Incorporation of patient goals
- Patient education on self-care methods
- Treatment lasting 30-60 minutes
Outpatient Physical Therapy is located at the UPMC Chautauqua WCA Center For Orthopedics, Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation Services, located directly behind UPMC Chautauqua WCA, 207 Foote Avenue, Jamestown.
For more information, call the UPMC Chautauqua WCA Physical Therapy Program at (716) 664-8278.
NOTE: A referral from a physician is required.